Monday, June 11, 2007

Gardening

I am woefully behind in my gardening, and it has gotten HOT. So my big task this past weekend was to get the garden beds in shape and transplant the poor leggy seedlings that need it so badly. I got much of it done, though not all. Part of the reason I got as much done as I did is because of George's help. He and I worked over the center bed and planted it with eggplants and peppers. He really worked hard, and it was hard work. It was fun to do it together.

Here he is chopping away at the clods down at the west end. The soil quality is much worse down there -- I think maybe I've always started at the east end and given up before I reached the west end! I hope we did enough & added enough compost to even things out. That end is where we'll be growing cotton this year.



Our first daylily is blooming. Isn't it lovely? George found the idea of a flower that lasted only one day quite sad.

No comments: