Friday, January 12, 2007

Gymnastics







Last weekend was the birthday party of one of our friends. His parents rented a small gym, complete with instructors. George and Charlotte had a wonderful time. I was so impressed I would have signed them up for classes on the spot, but they only have evening classes for kids George's age, and that just doesn't work for us. Too bad.

George loved doing somersaults the most. The wedge shaped landing pads have marks for heads & hands; I'm not sure what the red tape is for.

Here's George learning how to do a backwards somersault. He never got comfortable enough to do this one on his own:










Charlotte's favorite was walking the balance beam. She got really good at it, really quickly.




George started out walking carefully but soon found it to be no big deal. (I cannot figure out this blogger picture-justification thing. Either I put everything smack in the center of the page or the word wrap drives me out of my mind. I hope you can figure out what goes with what.)




No comments: